Wednesday 9 May 2012

MDS-01330: unable to load MDS configuration document

After successful installation  of SOA(11g) 11.1.1.5 on Oracle XE when I started the managed server I faced following exception which makes me worried.... and kept on thinking for few minutes ....do I need to reinstall everything but thanks God I got a solution.
I hope this helps to all who faced such an issue.

Exception
oracle.mds.lcm.exception.MDSLCMException: MDS-01330: unable to load MDS configuration document
MDS-01329: unable to load element "persistence-config"
MDS-01370: MetadataStore configuration for metadata-store-usage "soa-infra-store" is invalid.
ORA-04063: package body "DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED"
ORA-06512: at line 1.....



Solution   

  1. First  of all drop SOA Suite schemas and associated tablespaces using RUC. 
  2. Then go to command line (cmd) and set environment variable RCU_JDBC_TRIM_BLOCKS=TRUE
  3. Run RCU again to re-create the SOA Suite schemas and tablespace

Now restart  server and this time there will be no error associated with "MDS-01330: unable to load MDS configuration document"

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I encountered the same error. I am new to OBIEE. Can you walk me through how to drop the SOA schemas and associated tables through RCU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sorry for being late... sure I can help you for this if you still needs help in this regard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing how they mention this point as "VERY IMPORTANT NOTE !!!!!" in the installation guide but we still miss it! Thanks a lot Aysha for saving my time, it worked just as u said. Riyaz Shaikh

    ReplyDelete